Social Science

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dream: I

this has to mean something. I'm selling myself on the street because I'm out of a job and some lady picks me up in her limo and as soon as I get back to her house, she reaches out to grab me and I pull her arms off and there is blood everywhere. Then I just left it all there and took what I could carry and ran out.



There is no one right answer to dream interpretation EVER, and anyone who tells you that there is is lying to you. I'm a psych major at Cornell, and I've studied a bunch of different theories to dream interpretation, and they're all conflicting.





The most commonly accepted theory is that dreams are the result of your unbconscious mind being let free by your pesky conscious as soon as you hit the sack. So it's all your unconscious thoughts going nuts, and not usually making much sense.





Really, the most I can gather from your dream is that there's some sort of stressful thing in your life that's going on. Unconscious thoughts can be so abstract, that it's difficult to ever get into real specifics about dream meanings.





And besides, you are the best one to interpret your dreams because you are the only one who is fully aware of all the everyday experiences you go through that your dream may be referring to :)




All dreams of this sort are based on fears, and you actually answered yourself, with the statement I'm out of a job, there is the underlying fear, being out of a job...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Science

social Science